Can you win your case?
Whether you or your business is involved in a dispute the first thing you will think about is whether or not your claim or defence has any merit.
The second thing you need to think about is how you are going to manage the litigation and control its costs and impact on you or your business.
The key to managing litigation lies in the ability to take control of the case.
The Benefits of Early Case Assessment include:
- An independent view of the facts of your case.
- A preliminary analysis of the legal merits of the case, claims, and likely defences.
- An assessment of the likely costs in bringing or defending the case up to and through trial.
- An assessment of the anticipated time required by senior management, employees, and other parties to respond and assist in the litigation.
- Allows you to make an informed decision regarding the case and to decide whether to seek an early mediation or settlement discussion, proceed to trial or just avoid litigation
We have found that the facts surrounding a dispute generally constitute the major issue in any claim. An assessment of these facts, both favourable and unfavourable, highlights your position in a case. After an initial meeting with you we will seek to identify and analyse the key contracts and documents which relate to the claim and then advise accordingly.
It is also very important that we understand your own views on the litigation and your opponent. If for example you have enjoyed a long term relationship with your opponent and wish to continue such relationship the tactics employed in resolving the dispute may be entirely different from those where you have no desire to maintain or continue any form of relationship.
Ultimately you need to know where you stand and understand the following:
- What are my prospects of success
- What are the key facts/issues in the case
- How much will the litigation cost
- How much of my time or my employees time will need to be devoted to the claim
- Does my opponent have the ability to pay the claim and my legal costs if I win.
- If defending a claim does my opponent have the resources and energy to take the claim to trial
We will endeavour to assist you with the above. We will in some cases provide our advice on a no win no fee basis and in other cases charge an agreed fixed fee for providing our initial advice. If you would like to find out more or seek our advice please call us on 0333 577 5677 or complete the online form.